Special Basement Finishing Materials
A home’s basement is like no other room in your house. In general, most basements are cooler, more humid and prone to moisture. They most likely contain your home’s plumbing and mechanical equipment too. When these items are covered with drywall, they become difficult and costly to access.
Conventional lumber and drywall is fine for above-ground areas. But high-moisture areas like basements need a different type of building material. The Owens Corning™ Basement Finishing System™ provided by 1 800 USA-HOME.com was designed specifically not to let moisture pass through it naturally; therefore, greatly reducing the chance of mold growth.
Watch the video to find out more about how our 1 800 USA-HOME finishing system resists mold and mildew.
- Enjoy comfort and quiet with thermal and acoustic insulation
- Does not trap moisture like drywall – designed to prevent mold and mildew*
- Very durable and stands up to wear and tear
- Removable walls for easy access to foundation, pipes and electrical boxes
- Trim components fit seamlessly providing access to low voltage wiring and foundation